Our range of Next Generation alarm signalling solutions are third party certified from the world-renowned Loss Prevention Certification Board (LPCB), meaning they have passed one of the most rigorous product certification schemes. Having been certified in both the UK and Ireland, the solutions are the first signalling devices to obtain dual UKCA and CE marking.
Which solutions from our Next Generation Portfolio have the certification?
BT Redcare’s Essential, Essential Extra, Advanced/Advanced Extra and Ultimate. Essential IP was launched too recently to have completed testing.
What is the LPCB certification?
Based on European standards EN 50136-2 and EN 50131-10 and additionally ensuring compliance with the applicable requirements of PD 6669 and PD 6662, the LPCB certification is system level 5, the most rigorous of product certification schemes specified by ISO/IEC 17067.
Level 5 certification consists of initial type testing and technical evaluation, ongoing product auditing and the regular surveillance of the manufacturer’s quality system and production procedures.
How was testing conducted?
Testing was conducted in a joint initiative, the first combined security and fire detection project undertaken by BRE Global (UK) Ltd and BRE Global Assurance (Ireland) Ltd undertaking certification for EN 54-21 Annex ZA for CE marking, meaning the solutions were assessed against UK and EU rules and have obtained both UKCA and CE markings.
Chris Hunt, Security Certification Manager, LPCB, comments: “Throughout testing, the Next Generation range of signalling devices exceeded the performance criteria required by the EN standards in every respect. With their compact size and available performance ranges of SP2, DP2, DP3 and DP4, the newly certified products offer the fire and security market a high performance, innovative signalling solution and that is correctly labelled with the UKCA mark in advance of the mandatory deadline.”
For more information on the LPCB product certification process please click here.
To view our LPCB certification please click here.
For BRE UKCA and CE constancy of performance certificates please click on the links below:
We are currently updating stock so watch this space
- EN 50136-2: 2013, Alarm systems — Alarm transmission systems and equipment - Part 2: Requirements for Supervised Premises Transceiver (SPT)
- EN 50131-10: 2014, Alarm systems – Intrusion and hold-up systems - Part 1: Application specific requirements for Supervised Premises Transceiver (SPT).
- PD 6669: 2017 - Guidance for the provision of Alarm Transmission Systems (ATS) for Alarm Systems in the UK
- PD 6662: 2017 – Scheme for the application of European standards for intrusion and hold-up alarm systems
- ISO/IEC 17067:2013 Conformity assessment — Fundamentals of product certification and guidelines for product certification schemes
- EN 54-21 Fire detection and fire alarm systems – Part 21: Alarm transmission and fault warning routing equipment